Energy Efficiency: The best business decision you’ll ever make.
As a NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority) Multifamily Performance Partner, CEC can create and implement an Energy Reduction Plan and help arrange incentives for builders, property owners and co-operative and condominium boards.
Multifamily Performance Program (MPP)
Whether your building is new or has some history, whether it is market-rate or affordable housing, as long as it has at least 4 stories and 5 residential units, your building is eligible for the Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) and incentives.
These incentives can be applied to any of the following:
- Comprehensive whole-building assessment (Energy Audit)
- Boiler and water heater replacement
- Insulation, duct sealing and weather stripping
- Heating, air-conditioning and ventilation
- Electric-resistance heat replacement
- Energy management systems (including advanced metering)
- ENERGY STAR qualified products and appliances installation and/or replacement
- High-efficiency lighting
- Energy-efficient window installations
- Health and safety measures
What are the benefits to you?
- Saving at least 15% on your annual energy bills
- Lower operating costs
- Increasing the long-term value of your property by increasing energy efficiency, comfort and safety
Green Jobs Green New York
And if your energy-efficiency needs exceed the incentives, you can apply for low-cost financing from the Green Jobs-Green NY program. Green Jobs-Green NY will provide 50% of the financing principal at 0% interest up to $5,000 for each apartment and $500,000 for each building. You will have to find a private bank to provide the other 50% of financing, but ultimately, you are getting a loan at half the market rate.
Community Environmental Center is here to help you sort through these opportunities, so that together we can make your building a high-performance building and lower operating costs for you and your tenants.
To discuss this service with someone at CEC, please contact Sarah Gaddis.