Community Environmental Center is committed to helping government carry out programs successfully. CEC has had long and successful partnerships with federal, state and local government agencies and departments, including
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- The New York State Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- New York State Homes and Community Renewal (NYSHCR)
- The NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD)
- The Office of the Mayor of New York City
- Westchester County
Contact Sarah Gaddis for more information on how we can help your organization.
Since its founding in 1994, CEC has continually received praise for its reporting, record-keeping and successful conclusion of government-funded projects:
“As we have more government funds to spend, it is important for us to know we have agencies like Community Environmental Center that we can count on to get the work done.”
–Kelvin Keraga, Senior Project Manager, NYSERDA
Weatherization Innovation Pilot Program (DOE) (2011):
- Was awarded $3 million as part of initiative to explore improvements in conventional energy efficiency work, including renewable energy generation strategies, community-based outreach and tenant education.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) (2009-2011):
- Was awarded $38,000,000
- Oversaw and completed the retrofitting of nearly 10,000 units in multifamily affordable housing
- Trained disadvantaged young men and women for green careers
NEW YORK STATE
Largest Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) provider in New York State (1994-present):
- 17,000 units improved; annually complete more units than required by contract.
Approved provider of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and its programs:
- Multifamily Perf0rmance Program
- New Construction Program
- AMP – With HRA, developed and implemented New York State’s Assisted Multifamily Performance (AMP) program, laying groundwork for New York State’s ongoing Multifamily Performance Program (MPP). In charge of construction management, overseeing the work of eight engineering firms and all technical audits.
NEW YORK CITY
Selected by the Mayor’s Office of the City of New York to oversee the NYC Cool Roofs Program (2010-present):
- Organized and implemented the coating of nearly 2 million square feet of rooftop
Selected by HPD/NYSERDA to update HPD’s specifications to include greater energy efficiency requirements (2007).
- Through federal stimulus funding, provided technical assistance for retrofits throughout Westchester County (2010-2011).